[GeoStL] Re: NGR Trivia night ideas please

  • From: Tom <lobocs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:14:23 -0800 (PST)

radar - RAdio Detection And Ranging
  sonar -SOund NAvigation and Ranging
  zip code - Zone Improvement Plan code
  EPCOT - Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow
  snafu - Situation Normal: All F***ed Up

bring 'em on

Fourfeld@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Arlene,

I always thought acronyms would be a great category at a trivia night.
Everybody knows that SCUBA is an acronym for self contained underwater
breathing apparatus.  But how about things like radar, sonar, zip code, EPCOT,
etc.   Do you know the origin of the word snafu ?   There are hundreds of
acronyms we use in our everyday life.  After the trivia night is over, you
could post your list here so we could all have a little fun with it.

Mark

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.