[GeoStL] Re: NGR Remote Car Locks

  • From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:43:04 -0600

-
When I bought a universal garage door opener, I was surprised to see
that there were very few on/off options (I believe 8).  If that's the
case, there's only 256 possibilities.  It would be fairly easy for
someone savvy with electronics to design and build a device that runs
all 256 possibilities in just a few seconds.  I have never heard
reports of it, so it must not be done.

As it remains, criminals don't normally sit around and wait.  They
take advantage of an opportunity that presents itself to them.  I see
it all the time; someone walks by and sees a wallet in a chair and
takes it.  They weren't standing 10' away, waiting for the person to
leave their wallet, or organizing teams to notify each other when this
occurs.

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.yawetag.net
"I can't win anything.  In fact, if you look up 'loser' in the
dictionary, you'll see someone else's photo!" --Andrew Senger