[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Pumpkin Patches

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:19:21 -0500

-
I think Thies Farm is the most local one now.

We've actually never been there for pumpkins (the place we used to go was plowed under and turned into homes a few years ago :+( )

http://www.thiesfarm.com/Pumpkinland.asp

You would want to call and ask if/how they accommodate "walk-ins" or if you have to be with a group.

Also, Eckerts is always fun for little ones during the day. Each farm has it's own "feel". We like the Belleville farm the best. On weekend evenings there's some kind of entertainment. However, you do not want to take a little bitty one on the night time "Haunted Hayride". Last year we drove over the Grafton Farm on a late Friday afternoon and were turned away. On that particular night they were not allowing "Walk-ins" only the people with the bonfire groups. This was not on their website and we were not really happy.
www.eckerts.com

If you're looking for something quick, easy and low key, hit the corner of New Halls Ferry and Shackelford -- Sullivan Farms. They have a bouncy house set up and I think it's a couple of dollars to bounce, there's an "underground" hay maze with a big area of hay on top to play, plus good photo ops with the pumpkins of course. We just stopped there last week and they also had a tractor and a wagon took a couple of kids on a wagon ride. A good sized pumpkin is about $10.00. They also have a little Halloween shopping tent, beautiful mums for $6.00 and $15.00 (which is what I stopped for) and the "odd" pumpkins and gourds-- purple, white, "black" etc. It's not big and fancy, but it's a start.

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>