[GeoStL] Re: NGR- Laptop Pros and Cons

  • From: Laura DeWeese <festive@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:11:15 -0700 (PDT)

Also, isn't the tax-free weekend coming up soon?  I think that the first
weekend in August is supposed to be tax-free for school supplies, computers,
and clothes.  Don't know for sure, though.  Can anyone confirm this?

  purple

Carol Shahriary <shah11@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  -
My rule on computers is to get the biggest, badest,
fastest thing you can afford. I would get a new one
if I were you. I got my son a used one and heard
nothing but complaints from him. You should be able
to get something nice for $500. Watch the ads. Best
Buy usually does some incredible back to school offers
but you have to be on their doorstep several hours
before they open to get them.
DS
--- Brian and Sue Steele
wrote:

> Hello everybody! I need some advice. I'm in the
> market for a laptop for school. I am looking for a
> basic unit. I don't need all the bells and whistles
> but have no clue where to start. Does anyone have
> one and do you like it or not? If you have some
> advice for me, please email me off list.
>
> I don't want to spend over $500. I don't mind
> buying a used one either so give me some input if
> you have one. I would greatly appreciate it. Have
> a great week!
> Sue

Carol Strawberry
"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different
speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." (William James)