[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Is it really getting warmer?

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jim.williams2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:17:57 -0500

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Susan Ring
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:27 AM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: NGR: Is it really getting warmer?

-
[snip]
>Thanks for reading my humble 2 cents,
>Susan
>
>A frivolous PS:  Does anyone else feel old when you remember that
>typewriters used to have a key for the "cents" symbol?  Have I mentioned
>that before?  Maybe I AM old.

There is an extended charachter set on PC's that most people are not aware
of, here is the "cent" sign you're looking for ¢

The one I find most convenient for geocaching is the "degree" symbol º like
90º, etc.

You can access these symbols by holding down the "alt" key and type the
corresponding numeric number for the symbol.  For the "degree" symbol, just
hold down the "alt" key and type 167.  When you let up on the "alt" key, the
symbol will show up.  For the "cent" sign, it's "alt" and 155.  Here's a
link to the table http://telecom.tbi.net/asc-ibm.html

Jim

Just my 2¢  :)

Subject field