[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Is it really getting warmer?

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:37:47 -0700 (PDT)

-
Is there global warming?

But the question is just how much?  How did they
measure mean global temperature 100 years ago ... 50
years ago? I don't think that we really know all that
we claim to know. All things vary over time.

The real question is - "is it because of mankind?"

Probably not.  Consider, Mars is also experiencing
global warming too.
http://www.mos.org/cst/article/80/9.html

Our sun is a very unusual star, it is extremely
regular in energy output. (Because God created it just
that way - for us!)  But yet it does still vary.
Consider the number of things that could happen that
could wipe out all life on earth.  God is still in
control!

I am very suspect of the "environmentalists" who claim
we have to change our ways.  The environmental
movement is like a watermelon - green on the outside
but red on the inside.  I'm not saying that we trash
the world, we must be good stewards.  But there are
things that we just can't control.

Subject field