[GeoStL] NGR: If anyone besides me is still using XP or has a interest in it, I ran across a pretty good, no BS article on it

  • From: Glenn <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Freelist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 16:19:21 -0500

Not geocaching related but since we all use computers, it is computer related.
I still run xp pro on one laptop and on the Mac when i have to so it was
helpful.

http://home.comcast.net/~SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

Optimize Windows XP to improve home, work and gaming performance safely. This
Free guide will help you improve your overall system performance without having
to manually edit the Registry. I avoid using or recommending "all-in-one"
Windows XP Tweak programs since many blindly adjust settings that have no
affect on performance and can cause future problems. This guide is designed to
be performed top to bottom, in sequence since some steps are required to be
performed before others. Before using this guide make sure your system meets
the Windows XP System Requirements.

Glenn