[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Hospital Volunteering

  • From: LuAnn <luigilula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:49:05 -0800 (PST)

Chris,  I agree with Glenn.  The only thing I ever worry about getting is
gastroenteritis.  Have I ever gotten it from a patient?  Dunno.  Who knows?
Washing your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap &/or using the alcohol
based foams or gels are your biggest and best defense...along with a smidgeon
of common sense.  To be honest, my coworkers are probably the biggest source of
sickness.  We hate to call out sick so we come to work with anything and
everything.  I am as guilty as the next person tho that has been one of my
biggest gripes.  Best wishes to you, LuAnn (staff nurse and relief house
supervisor--BJC Parkland Health Center, Farmington)

Chris Binder <cpbinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Thanks! Now...just to figure out the
ways of the health care workers...How do they see that many sick people, yet
not get sick too much themselves? Anyone here have any tips other than wearing
gloves and washing hands everytime you see a patient?

~Chris