[GeoStL] NGR: GPS maps and the hwy 40 project

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:59:57 -0600

Does anybody know if it is possible to remove a section of road from the
Mapsource maps? I would like to edit my maps so that I am no longer routed
via hwy 40, or over bridges which will no longer exist.

If not, is Garmin going to be releasing updated maps without this stretch of
the road, or does this fall in the "construction: find your own detour"
category? Considering the amount of time that this is going to be out of
commission, I think it might be worth Garmin's while to update for the
closed stretch, and if they don't agree, I say we suggest it to them.

-Jon