[GeoStL] Re: NGR: DC-AC Inverter

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:33:37 -0600

-
   The higher the wattage, the greater the load it will take. In other
words,it can run more than one item at once. Make sure it has more than one
AC outlet.  Bernie.
Greg Ponder wrote: - I'm drawing on the group's vast knowledge to help me
purchase a DC-AC inverter. I'm tired of buying a DC adapter for every
electronic trinket that I need to operate or charge from my Jeep, ie laptop
and camcorder. The inverters in stores or online all look reasonably priced,
but I want to ensure quality so that it (1) will work when I need it and (2)
will not damage any piece of electronics that I plug into it while I'm on
theroad. I'm sure that some of you have inverters to power your laptops
whilein your vehicles. What do you own? What do you recommend? What do I
needto look for in an inverter, such as: what is the relevance of the watt
rating? I've seen 90-watt inverters, 375-watt inverters, and so on. Educate
me. I thank you in advance for your input. Greg Ponder...The Hairy Hillbilly

--- Links ---
   1 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching
   2 http://tinyurl.com/87cqw