[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Conceal and Carry

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:40:50 -0500

- Sue,

1) I belong to the Benchrest Club of St. Louis, and the head training guy at the club is Jeff Gentry. He holds CCW classes. He had the St. Charles County prosecutor at the class to go over the laws, so you get the straight scoop there. I thought the course was very good. He is also an instructor for several other courses and has shot competitively.

You can check out his web site at http://tdsa-mo.com/ I can get a phone number if that is what you prefer. It doesn't look like he has anything scheduled for CCW at the moment.

2) I have a Kel Tec 3AT. It is the .380 version of their 32 cal model. It has a capacity of 6 in the magazine and on in the chamber. It does not have a slide lock like the .32 which I miss. Other than that, it is a great concealed carry pistol. I think the 9mm version is about a half inch longer, but loaded I think it weighs about twice as much, which is still pretty light. Once you get that small and put a more powerful round in it, you start having issues with kick. It doesn't bother me, but then I simply don't notice recoil when I shoot ANYTHING. I make up for the mass the pistol doesn't have I guess. Anyway, take down would be a lot easier if it had that slide lock, but it is manageable. That being said, one of the things Jeff mentioned in the class was the constant question that comes up: What is the best concealed carry gun. The answer: The one you have with you. That is, you can look all you want at the latest greatest most powerful gun, but in the end, you have to tote it around with you. If it is too big, heavy or awkward to carry, you are going to leave it at home. If that is what happens, that little .32 or 380 that you WOULD have with you because it is so convenient to carry is the best because "it is the one you have with you". If you are confident about using it, then you will be ahead of the game and will be prepared should the unthinkable happen.

Here is a link to some reviews and comments from owners of the P-11 which I assume is the one you are interested in: http://www.ktog.org/reviews-p11.htm

Good luck.

Brian and Sue Steele wrote:
I'd appreciate feedback on two things:  1)  Anyone know of someone in the area that teaches the conceal and carry class?  2)  What is your opinion /experience with the Kel Tec 9mm or just the company in general?

Thanks!
Sue
**************************************** For List Info or To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click -----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw