[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Choose Missouri's new plates

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:43:20 -0600

-
I'd agree with what others have said, don't waste tax dollars changing them,
but I figured if you can't beat them, join them. So I voted and passed the
link along.  Here's what the FAQ page said about the reasoning behind the
change.

Why are we changing our license plate?
State law requires the Department of Revenue to begin a full reissuance of
plates by January 1, 2009. There are a number of reasons to change Missouri's
plate design: to improve the plate's visibility, to reduce tab theft, and to
ensure collection of state and local sales taxes and local property taxes.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol aided the advisory committee to help
ensure that Missouri's new plate would be easier to read for law enforcement
and would provide features to reduce tab theft. The license plate is a vital
tool for law enforcement.