[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Catalog of Humans

  • From: Know Future <know_future@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:30:50 -0500

$100 for the DNA kit... and all I want is to know for sure that my
grandfather's real name was not Schickelgruber. Oh well, it's only money.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:25:37 -0500 "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
This is interesting... Doesn't apply to Arkansas as one person has
already fulfilled all requirements... <:-P

Help unravel the mystery of our species' journey

Humans are found everywhere on Earth. Yet how did we get here? Where did
we come from? And why do we all look so different? IBM and National
Geographic are mounting the Genographic Project, an ambitious attempt to
help answer these fundamental questions. The five-year study will use one
of the largest collections of DNA samples ever assembled to map how the
Earth was populated.

The Genographic Project is the brainchild of Dr. Spencer Wells, a pioneer
in using DNA samples to map human migratory patterns. Working with Dr.
Wells will be researchers from IBM's Computational Biology Center?one of
the world's foremost life sciences research facilities?and a global team
of prominent research scientists from 10 research centers around the
world. Together, they will seek answers to long-standing questions
regarding man?s epic migration patterns.

You can contribute your DNA anonymously to the study by purchasing a
public participation kit*. By participating in the project, you will
learn interesting information about your family?s deep ancestry over the
ages.

To learn more about the Genographic Project and to purchase a kit, click
the link below.

http://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/participate.html

The Genographic Project Web site will be regularly updated with
personalized migratory maps so that each personal history can become more
vivid and detailed over the length of the project.

Leadership. Innovation. Technology. If IBM can power a project of this
magnitude, imagine what it could do for your organization.

*To ensure total anonymity, participants will be identified at all times
only by kit numbers, not by name. There is no record or database that
links test results with the names of the contributors. If you lose your
kit number, there will be no way to access your genetic results.

Mike

JURA BAR QBBE PYBFRF NABGURE QBBE BCRAF