[GeoStL] NGR: Another reason why Dell's Tech Support is awesome...

  • From: "Chris Binder" <cpbinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching Newsgroup" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:12:35 -0600

Ok...so my dell axim makes a funny squealing noise that it really shouldn't be
making. I contacted dell about the problem. They said my Axim was failing on me
and it should be replaced. I e-mailed back explaining that I'm a full time
student and I need all my notes and stuff transfered over, etc, etc... They
said they would bend the rules and make an exception. They would ship a new
unit, and as soon as I recieved that and transferred over everything, I could
send the faulty unit back.

This was the first time I've ever had a problem with a dell product. I mean,
with other companies, they wouldn't care who you were, they'd always make you
do what's easiest for them. With dell, they include a free waybill label and
all the necessary packaging. Chalk up another good report for Dell.

Sorry...I'm rambling on and on. I just wanted to share with you just how nice
and helpful Dell Tech. Support is and I would recommend them anyday of the
week. Thanks for listening! :-)

~Chris