[GeoStL] NGR: Abbott and Costello

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:37:19 -0500

-
If they worked at Comp-USA today....

Abbott (behind the counter at a computer store):  Can I help
you?

Costello:  Thanks.  I'm setting up an office in my den, and I'm
thinking about buying a computer.

Abbott:  Mac?

Costello:  No, the name's Lou.

Abbott:  Your computer?

Costello:  I don't own a computer.  I want to buy one.

Abbott:  Mac?

Costello:  I told you, my name's Lou.

Abbott:  What about Windows?

Costello:  Why?  Will it get stuffy in here?

Abbott:  Do you want a computer with Windows?

Costello:  I don't know.  What will I see when I look in the windows?

Abbott:  Wallpaper.

Costello:  Never mind the windows.  I need a computer and software.

Abbott:  Software for Windows?

Costello:  No.  On the computer! I need something I can use to write
proposals, track expenses and run my business.  What have you got?

Abbott:  Office.

Costello:  Yeah, for my office.  Can you recommend anything?

Abbott:  I just did.

Costello:  You just did what?

Abbott:  Recommend something.

Costello:  You recommended something?

Abbott:  Yes.

Costello:  For my office?

Abbott:  Yes.

Costello:  OK, what did you recommend for my office?

Abbott:  Office.

Costello:  Yes, for my office!

Abbott:  I recommend Office with Windows.

Costello:  I already have an office and it has windows! OK, lets just
say, I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal.  What do
I need?

Abbott:  Word.

Costello:  What word?

Abbott:  Word in Office.

Costello:  The only word in office is office.

Abbott:  The Word in Office for Windows.

Costello:  Which word in office for windows?

Abbott:  The Word you get when you click the blue "W."

Costello:  I'm going to click your blue "W" if you don't start with
some straight answers.  OK, forget that.  Can I watch movies on the
Internet?

Abbott:  Yes, you want Real One.

Costello:  Maybe a real one, maybe a cartoon.  What I watch is none of
your business.  Just tell me what I need!

Abbott:  Real One.

Costello:  If its a long movie I also want to see reel 2, 3 & 4.  Can I
watch them?

Abbott:  Of course.

Costello:  Great, with what?

Abbott:  Real One.

Costello; OK, I'm at my computer and I want to watch a movie.  What do
I do?

Abbott:  You click the blue "1."

Costello:  I click the blue one what?

Abbott:  The blue "1."

Costello:  Is that different from the blue "W"?

Abbott:  The blue "1" is Real One and the blue "W" is Word.

Costello:  What word?

Abbott:  The Word in Office for Windows.

Costello:  But there's three words in "office for windows"!

Abbott:  No, just one, but it's the most popular Word in the world.

Costello:  It is?

Abbott:  Yes, but to be fair, there aren't many other Words left.  It
pretty much wiped out all the other Words out there.

Costello:  And that word is real one?

Abbott:  Real One has nothing to do with Word.  Real One isn't even
part of Office.

Costello:  Stop! Don't start that again.  What about financial
bookkeeping, you have anything I can track my money with?

Abbott:  Money.

Costello:  That's right.  What do you have?

Abbott:  Money.

Costello:  I need money to track my money?

Abbott:  It comes bundled with your computer.

Costello:  What's bundled to my computer?

Abbott:  Money.

Costello:  Money comes with my computer?

Abbott:  Yes.  No extra charge.

Costello:  I get a bundle of money with my computer?  How much?

Abbott:  One copy.

Costello:  Isn't it illegal to copy money?

Abbott:  Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

Costello:  They can give you a license to copy money?

Abbott:  Why not?  THEY OWN IT!

Costello:  How do I turn my computer off??

Abbott:  Click on "START".........

Subject field