[GeoStL] NGR - 5 HP 3 phase motor

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gc-Maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:58:45 -0600

-
I posted this for sale last year with no takers but maybe there's a new cacher
on this list that may be interested in it.
It's a 5HP 220/440 volt 3 phase motor. Runs fine and very heavy, probably
100-150 pounds.

I didn't use it as a motor but as a phase converter. This would generate a 3rd
phase to allow me to run 3 phase motors on standard 220 single phase electric.

Simply attach a rope to the pulley and spin the motor and then plug it in to a
std. 220 outlet. The 220 will run the motor and a 3rd phase will be generated
from the additional wire out of the motor.

I don't have any 3 phase equipment anymore so I have no use for the motor.
Might have a good scrap value too.

Rich