[GeoStL] Re: NCR: info

  • From: Tina Boyle <tina_boyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:51:00 -0500

-
It does depend on where you are. I have AT&T I loose coverage in a lot of rural
areas many states. I always do pocket queries and plan where I cache. At this
point never trust any cell phone for information.
Especially if you are going to rural America. Honestly with my husbands
blackberry we can run a pocket query if we get a decent signal and then
download to a pc and load our GPSr's. So far so good with this method. I use an
iPhone we both have iPads. I think you need a lot toys to geocache!
 We have cached this year all over The country and in Asia. Most rural areas
have dead zones. Southern MN was real bad.
Southern Iowa lousy AT&t signals.
I have no experience with verzion.
I hope it helps for what it worth.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2012, at 5:31 PM, Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Ditto on the dependence on where you travel. My wife's sales territory is in
> the rural areas around Cape and Farmington. She has Verizon and loses all
> ability to get a call or data somewhere soon after she gets on 67 going
> south. Not a problem when she was on AT&T. I was also able to get cell
> coverage at S-F Scout Ranch when Verizon users could not.
>
> On 9/27/2012 1:08 PM, Elonka@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> -
>> Hi Judi,
>>
>> There are lots of factors to consider, and one important one will depend on
>> where you live, and where you generally travel to.  For example, here in St.
>> Louis, I can get pretty steady coverage regardless of if I'm using AT&T or
>> Verizon.  However, my sister lives in a remote part of northern Arizona, and
>> when I am visiting her, there are some Verizon celltowers in the area, but
>> AT&T, not so much.  So if I want steady cellphone coverage there, Verizon is
>> the better choice.
>>
>> Which areas will you be most likely to use the phone in?  Then check a site
>> such as this one:
>>
>> http://opensignal.com/network-coverage-maps/
>>
>> And that may help you choose!
>>
>> Elonka  :)
>>

>> On 9/27/2012 12:13 PM, Judi F wrote:
>>> -
>>> I don't want to start any debate.  However, here goes.
>>>
>>> I do not have a smartphone (not open for debate). I am getting an IPad with
>>> a cellular plan.  Looking for pros and cons of AT&T vs. Verizon as the
>>> carrier.  I will gladly read all opinions and information if anyone cares
>>> to send them.
>>>
>>> Judi
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPad

>>>  Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->