[GeoStL] Re: NCR: info

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:31:20 -0500

-
Ditto on the dependence on where you travel. My wife's sales territory is in the rural areas around Cape and Farmington. She has Verizon and loses all ability to get a call or data somewhere soon after she gets on 67 going south. Not a problem when she was on AT&T. I was also able to get cell coverage at S-F Scout Ranch when Verizon users could not.

On 9/27/2012 1:08 PM, Elonka@xxxxxxx wrote:
-
Hi Judi,

There are lots of factors to consider, and one important one will depend on where you live, and where you generally travel to. For example, here in St. Louis, I can get pretty steady coverage regardless of if I'm using AT&T or Verizon. However, my sister lives in a remote part of northern Arizona, and when I am visiting her, there are some Verizon celltowers in the area, but AT&T, not so much. So if I want steady cellphone coverage there, Verizon is the better choice.

Which areas will you be most likely to use the phone in? Then check a site such as this one:

http://opensignal.com/network-coverage-maps/

And that may help you choose!

Elonka  :)

On 9/27/2012 12:13 PM, Judi F wrote:
-
I don't want to start any debate.  However, here goes.

I do not have a smartphone (not open for debate). I am getting an IPad with a cellular plan. Looking for pros and cons of AT&T vs. Verizon as the carrier. I will gladly read all opinions and information if anyone cares to send them.

Judi

Sent from my iPad

Missouri Geocachers Forums --> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php
Missouri Geocachers Calendar ---> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=calendar