[GeoStL] NCR: GPS avoids traffic

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocache ListServer <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:29:58 -0600

- Just saw a video on a new GPS for your car. It relays you position and speed to other folks who subscribe to the system so it can route the others around the traffic jams in real time. I wonder how much it is worth to the guy who is always the first one out the door after work? When he decides it isn't worth $13 a month to save everyone else's time but his, then what happens? Oh well. The theory sounds not bad at first blush, but after everyone gets routed to the same detour, then you get a detour for the detour..... Wait. I have to stop. Me head is starting to hurt.