[GeoStL] Re: NCR Did anyone else see the flash in the sky?

  • From: Square Pants <iwsp_geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:28:09 -0800 (PST)

-
I saw it too.  It seemed very brief but very bright.  Looked like a big flash
of lightning, although it wasn't.  From Chesterfield, MO it appeared to the
Northeast.
I_Wear_Square_Pants

Jim Bensman <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: -
I thought I might have been seeing things as it was just a real quick flash.
But it was on the news tonight indicating they thought it was a meteorite.
I was heading North on 170 by the airport.  I saw it in the corner of my
eye.  There was a huge flash in the western sky.  The light was about the
size of the sun.  It was not very high in the sky.  My first thought was a
plane crashing.  I checked the track from my GPS and it was at 7:52.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"