[GeoStL] Multi-cache analysis

  • From: konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:27:38 GMT

Another nice thing about a well-planned
multi-cache is that it leads the hunter
on a guided tour of neat spots.  RGS has
a habit of placing multi-caches that lead
you around in a loop and bring you back
to where you started.  I like the idea of
going on a journey and seeing neat stuff,
then the payoff being not too far from
where I parked!

This is more the case with my new 'The
Shortest Distance' cache than it is with 'Phort
Knocks II' cache.  Phort takes you to the
ends of the earth, you get the payoff, then
you have to wander a long way to get back to
the car.  Phort serves its purpose in
that it isn't much of a puzzle, leads you to
a remote place and gives you a good hike.

My Ohm's Law cache is more of a
puzzle, isn't much of a hike and you have
to drive from cache to cache.  But it does
take you on a little tour of public land
that you might not have been to otherwise.

I forgot what it is like to place one cache
and just post its coordinates!

http://www.valuenet.net