[GeoStL] Re: Monthly meetings

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:42:46 -0500

It would be nice if Meet up could be used to post announcements about
already existing groups.

I think we have plenty of places to make announcements though.
Geocaching.com event calendar (those who don't feel comfortable logging it
as a find don't have to), Local News (but not exclusively thought as there
are those who don't watch it), the forums, the geostl.com page, and the
newsgroup.

We could start having a monthly QUICK breakfast on Saturdays and have group
caches on the same day. I say quick because you could spend so much time
eating the caching day is gone! Then, since it will involve caching, maybe
everyone will be fine with the 'event'.

BTW, when I logged the bookcrossing bug over at BookCrossing, I put a note
in the release notes for any bookcrossers who are curious about geocaching
to join us and we will take them on a hunt. Since there are several cachers
over there, we often get the "What's Geocaching?" question. This way,
Spongy's little book can advertise for both groups!

Jen