[GeoStL] Re: Mobile Apps for Android

  • From: "R. sheffold" <rsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:46:48 -0600

-
Nancy,

Look for NeonGeo in the app market. It is about $4.25 and has a 30 day trial but to get the full benefit you must be a PM on GC.com. Otherwise you can only get the full cache details on 3 caches a day. It uses the GS API which has the 3/day limit.

It does use Google maps and other map servers you specify. GM aren't used on GC.com because of all the hits and charges GS is getting. The maps in NeonGeo and being served within the app so doesn't have the volume of hits GS does and therefore no charges.

Rich

-----Original Message----- From: sydstyr@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:28 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Mobile Apps for Android

-
Since the change with the maps, is there way to get cgeo to work with live maps?
I've done the "nearest" search and map those, but that is a bit awkward.

Does the geocaching.com app have live maps? If so, what do they use if they don't use google maps?

I've looked at the apps in the Android market and that seems to be the only option.

Nancy

Missouri Geocachers Calendar ---> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=calendar

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->