[GeoStL] Re: Minneapolis TV station does a better geocaching cover story

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:35:36 -0500

> If the chance ever comes up again,
> maybe we should discuss the plan for the story line

The Twin City geocachers discussed how much they
should expose a cache's location for fear it would
be quickly muggled after the airing.  I wonder if the
cache owners in the St. Louis piece were even
considered to be contacted to see if they wanted
their cache to be highlighted.  Once exposed to
the general public, you run the risk of anyone
deciding to steal or do bad things to the cache.

The Minneapolis piece didn't show specific
cache hide locations - they were generically 'woodsy'.
Plus, the news people talked to a land manager
about geocaching.  No such luck in the St. Louis piece.