[GeoStL] Re: Milestones - How do you do them?

  • From: "Hobbit Taz @ Charter" <hobbittaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:26:43 -0400 (EDT)

Used to worry about trying to hit certain caches for specific numbers Then after a few minor ones went by a a couple of larger ones I reallized I forgot a log or two somewhere back then... Well that pulled several others off of the milestones I wanted them on. So I started noting my milestone list seperate from the auto listing so that the caches I wanted as my milestones showed as such - I mean several were to me that number even though the actual count list showed different down the road. So I would say If you are close enough for your comfort level you can log them however you want. I mean its an individual sport and you are only playing for your self anyway.

Pay it Forward

On Mar 16, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Michael Rogers wrote:

Just a quick, non-angsty question for my fellow SLAGA folks...

If you approach a larger milestone (like 1,000, 2,000, etc.) and you have a specific cache or event planned for it, are you one more likely to:

1. Be strict in keeping that cache as that number, meaning that you will stifle some caching, if necessary, to accomplish that goal precisely, or

2. Still seek to log the cache or event as the milestone, but are willing to log some caches out of order to do that, just so you can still cache as you want.