[GeoStL] Re: Meramec flooding

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:29:11 -0500

To answer the original question, I just found the Dusable Park River Trail
Cache today, and it was not in the water, though there was plenty of
standing water nearby. The river is currently (no pun intended) running 55
ft. below the 370 overpass. Anybody know where it was during the '93 flood?
Based on a something I saw, it was definitely significantly higher than it
is now. I can't tell exactly, but I'd say 15-20 ft higher.

-Jon, AKA Tarcas