[GeoStL] Re: Meramec Flooding

  • From: Brian and Sue Steele <smilingsteeles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

We got aboout 6 inches to a foot of water in our main level.  It could have
been another 2-3 ft so we are thankful for that.  Our basement, which is not
finished, was totally submerged.  We live about 1.5 blocks east of the coffee
shop in town.  My father in law has graciously let us stay with him.  My mother
in law passed away 1.5 weeks ago so we will definitely be keeping him busy.  I
think this is sort of a blessing in disguise.  There is always a silver lining.
 You just have to look for it.