[GeoStL] Re: Math Lesson?

  • From: "P ekey" <pkekey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:20:27 -0600

Help! I need a math lesson. I'd like to try to find the Cedar cache (GCA700),
and from reading the logs, I might get lucky and just stumble into it, but I'd
rather do the math first. I suppose I could go to midpoint between the two
coordinates provided and project a waypoint to the final location, but there
must be a better way to figure out the final waypoint on paper. Can anyone
point me to a website that could explain how to triangulate waypoints?  Or
simply send directions?
Thanks,

Tribble 157
 . . . not a mathematician