[GeoStL] Re: Mass Caching Question

  • From: Kyle Klein <armadillo1111@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

This has a lot to do with the types of caches and the types of areas in which
you are hunting.

We live in Champaign-Urbana, and it would be easy to go out and get 20 caches
in one day in town if you didn't do the multis.

If we go North to Chicago, it is possible to do over 100 caches in just part of
a day - most notably the BoB series which has been done in a hald day by a
number of people I know.

If we travel a half hour south, we are lucky to finish off 5 caches in 8 hours
of caching, as one multi in a state park can take 3-4 hours.

So, the numbers are really reflective of the location and the types of caches
you go after.

Hope that helps.

Kyle
Team Armadillo

"J.A. Terranson" <measl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
-

I regularly see people who have nabbed 10 or more caches in just one
afternoon, and I'm curious: How?

I have a really hard time hitting five in one day! Is this because I only
hit 3/3 or harder caches, or is there some secret sauce I'm missing?

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@xxxxxxx
0xBD4A95BF

"If I want to gamble, I'll continue to have unprotected
sex with my 14 year old first cousin."

(T-Shirt Hell Advertisement)
Subject field