[GeoStL] Re: Mapping software

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:42:24 -0500

-
I've never been able to get anything to line up correctly in GE.  I hate the
interface.  I find it real easy to line something up in ExpertGPS.

Another problem with GE is sometimes the photos are not aligned properly.
Whenever I want to trace something from GE, the first thing I do is use
MapSource to get the lat and long of an intersection to see if photos in GE
are aligned properly.  If they are not aligned, I use the history icon to
find a set of photos that is aligned properly.  Then I trace what I need.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this

 Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->