[GeoStL] Re: Mapping Question

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:53:34 -0700 (PDT)

-
Jen,

Not sure how others do it but I generate a .gpx file
from geocaching.com and run it through GSAK and
convert it to a .csv file .....I then import that file
into Streets and remove all the points I don't want.
It is not the easist way of doing things but it does
work. I have seen other people post other ways but I
have never had the time to learn them.
The good thing about generating a gpx is that you can
give it the Terrain/Difficulty factors the way you
want and then just find the major road that you will
be traveling and pick out all those that are close.

Hope this helps

Dan

--- Jen <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are planning a trip to Pevely the weekend.
>
> Wanting to know how you use Streets and Trips to
> help you figure out caches that are along your
> route?
>
> I have seen this done, but don't know how to do it.
>
> Thanks
> Jen> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Release Date: 5/2/2005

Subject field