[GeoStL] Re: Map of caches

  • From: Jim Everman <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:09:20 -0600

-
  I make a couple trips a year to L.A. or Portland and what I do is run
overlapping queries, usually filtering out multis, above 3/3, etc.

  Then I import them to Streets & Trips and start deleting those too far
from my route. If I can I use the arc poly filter, but I've never
imported a route. Frequently, I'll just pick a cache way off the route
somewhere, recenter GSAK on that cache and delete everything out to a
certain radius.

  Mike's method sounds easier...

  Jim Everman (Geo Jim)

Mike Lusicic wrote:
> Someone was asking about this a while back in the GSAK support forum in
> Groundspeak.  If I recall, here is what someone suggested.
>
> Generate a series of pocket queries to get the general population of
> caches you are interested. in.
> Use your GPS to create a route along the interstate, and export that route.
> Use the route to import it as an arc/poly filter into GSAK, and then use
> the filter to select the caches along the route.

> Jim Bensman wrote:
>>I am getting ready to head for AZ.  Is there someplace I can go that maps
>>all the caches in a state?  What I would like is an easy way to identify
>>some caches along the Interstate.
Subject field