[GeoStL] Re: Main GPSr?

  • From: Jim Greene <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:36:56 -0600

Using a phone GPS is okay, but there are a few things to look out for.
First is availability, way out in the woods and in hilly terrain you may
have trouble with signals. Then there is accuracy, some phones are not as
accurate as a GPS. We have seen coordinates way off with caches placed by
phone GPS. This has improved considerably though. Also GPS' tend to be
sturdier and waterproof. So take these factors into consideration. I still
use my 60csx for almost all caching.

Jim