[GeoStL] Re: Magellan Explorist 310 was Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Team AZMO <teamazmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 07:45:38 -0500

-
On 2013-03-12 05:37, James Leistico wrote:
ok, I have been dealing with this nuisance on my own for 16 months or so now (warranty issues with the physical container had to be dealt with first) -

with my Garmin Explorist 310 when I download PQ's, I end up with duplicate waypoints. (I've sifted through them in Drs' offices, at lunch, watching tv, etc to free up space.) Anyone else know about this glitch? While typing this I wonder this - could the additional waypoints actually be included in the first file, so I'm putting this on twice?

Barring that, I've thought of using a g-caching computer app to consolidate the duplicate waypoints. Thought I could do something about it with GSAK, but I haven't figured out how to manage the daughter waypoints. I'm thinking maybe the best way to go is to use the program that came with my first garmin etrex vista.

Jim
the strepped, cabin feverin' stir crazy Monk-E Arms

You mean Magellan eXplorist 310, right?

I haven't experienced your problem, but my 310 suddenly would load up the first fourteen caches from any GPX file I put on it. Didn't seem to matter what the source of the file was. I tried straight off the PQ, through GPS Babel, Through GSAK all the same result. But when i load the GPX into Vantage point and then export the caches, it works perfectly every time.

Not sure why that started happening, for the first year, I just dropped the files in and didn't even have the software and never had a problem until all of a sudden.

http://www.magellangps.com/Maps/VantagePoint_Software/VantagePoint

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->