[GeoStL] Macros and Street Atlas RE: Re: the never ending saga

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:47:42 -0600

-
There was a problem with GSAK that was causing it to crash when I tried to
run a macro.  Clyde has fixed it.  It will be in the next release, but if
you want it sooner, I put the link for the file at the end of the message.
(It also has the %20 error fixed)

Bruce you were wrong about needing to give a path.  When you save the
settings, it has a path so all you need to do is give it the settings.

Glen and others who may be messing with this:

I have got it figured out on how to use a macro to make things real simple.
To use it in Street Atlas and have it set up for off line cache page viewing
on the road, you need to create 3 files to import into Street Atlas:

1) A file that has a symbol with the cache name and info that has a link to
the on line cache page.

2) A file that has only a symbol (actually you have to give it some text to
display so I give it a . )

3) A file that has a symbol with the cache name and info that has a link to
the off line cache page.

You can use export to Street Atlas Pus and then save the settings for each
one with a different name like hidden, Hidden-off, hidden-flag.

Here is one of the macros I wrote:

EXPORT Type=HTML Settings="Hidden"
EXPORT Type=DEL Settings="Hidden"
EXPORT Type=DEL Settings="Hidden-Flag"
EXPORT Type=DEL Settings="Hidden-Off"

This creates the off line cache pages and what you need for plucker:

EXPORT Type=HTML Settings="Hidden"

First you need to go to export to html and set it up right for this export.

The next three lines run the export for the 3 files you need to street atlas

So once you have it set up and your macro, all you do is:

1)  Open the gpx file in GSAK (you might even be able to have the macro do
that for you too!)
2)  Run the macro which creates the off line cache pages and the three files
you need to import into Street Atlas Plus.  This takes less than 30 seconds.
3)  Go in Street Atlas and import the 3 files you created.  (It is real
simple to do.

Once it is all set up, it takes less than a minute to do everything!

Soon I will write this with a better explanation for those who will need
more help.  But once you get it set up, this is VERY VERY easy!

I have coded a fix for this

If you could download and let me know if it works

This download is just the gsak.exe file (nothing else has changed) so if you
could unzip to the install folder of GSAK making sure to override the old
one. When you click on help=>About the version number should now read
5.0.2 Build=14

http://gsak.net/GSAK502B14.zip

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"