[GeoStL] Re: MOGA question

  • From: Brad Tissi <btissi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:37:47 -0500

I can say that although I had reception issues going from Vandalia to
Shelbyville, within the town, it wasn't bad. We did take a lap up to
Findley, east across, then down through Winsor, and had reception about 70%
of the time. One odd anomaly that we did come across was the lack of GPS
reception on Sat night within Shelbyville on our two smartphones and
oregon. We didn't have that issue earlier in the day in town and as soon as
we left the town, it came back.

Side notes:
DJ's Diner (Findley) is small, but very good-get the Horseshoe.
Longbranch Grill was also very good, but small as well (about a dozen
tables).
There are of course others, but they don't seem to be overly large. After
talking with some of the resturant owners, the biggest event that they've
had so far is a mushroom hunt (much smaller) so they're just preparing for
the worst. So I wouldn't count on going out for every meal especially on
Saturday night or at least get it as carry-out. DJs said that they're
stocking up on items that are quick for get out the door (cinnamon rolls,
etc) and extra waitresses since they know that it will be packed.

The snow put a damper on our trip so we didn't get all of the caches that
we planned, but are now looking forward to our cabin and this MOGA as a
whole even more.

Brad (Team Tismon)