[GeoStL] Re: MOGA and dogs

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:02:54 -0500

I am not sure of the ACOE rules, but IDNR has many rules on dogs like they must
be kept on a leash:

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/legal/adopted/110.pdf

They start on page 2 and begin with:

It shall be unlawful:

a) For any person to allow an unleashed dog, cat or other domesticated animal
on any area and further for any person to allow any dog, cat or other
domesticated DECEMBER 19, 2007 17 ILL. ADM. CODE CH. I, SEC. 110 3

animal in any area, on a leash longer than 10 feet, except that:

On the way home last night, I stopped and grabbed a MOGA cache and about froze.
 It even looked like snowflakes.  I was still in shorts and sandals so I almost
froze!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"