[GeoStL] MOGA Registration

  • From: "k Sneed" <sneed14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:34:32 -0600

-
We are fairly new to the sport (since October, 2005)
and just hit 200 finds this weekend.  We have been
considering attending MOGA, especially since it is so
close to home (we live near Alton, IL).
I read the manual and website, but I am a little
confused.  Somewhere it said the deadline was something
like March 12 or 15, but elsewhere it said the waiver
could be sent 72 hours prior to the event and you could
register at the event.  Could someone let me know what
the exact deadline is if you just want to hunt some
caches but not compete?

Also, does anyone have any idea how physically
challenging these caches will be?  Are we talking 5
mile hikes up hill?

Also, would just hunting on Sunday if we can't attend
Saturday be a problem?  I understand we would still
have to pay, but can that be done at the event on
Sunday?

Also, I understand some like group hunts, but is this going to be like
bumping into people on top of every cache you find?  I like the challenge of
finding it on my own, instead of seeing someone else find it.

And just to put in my 2 cents on the stats page, I had just hit 100 finds
and turned my bar to the other color (can't remember what color) when the
stats went down.  I was so disappointed.  This was one thing that helped
keep my KIDS interested in caching.  They loved seeing our name move up the
page.  Believe me, I understand computer issues AND volunteer issues, but I
would love to have it back too.

Thanks for any info.
Spongebob14 (a/k/a Kim & James)