[GeoStL] Re: MOGA Questions

  • From: "Tim & Pam Ueltzen" <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:03:25 -0600

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sara Gomer
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 1:39 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: MOGA Questions

-
If we they share all the good stories now what will they have to talk about
at the cracker barrel during the evenings of the event?  Granted most SLAGA
types can always come up with some storie or comment to spew (myself
included).
tklnhl & kyd <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
There ARE such things as Dumb Questions ...
I was rereading the MOGA information and watched the nifty videos (VERY COOL
-- I especially like the one on planning the event). BUT, I have some
questions ..

The "Courses" -- I see a couple that have 20 punches and one that has 50
punches. The courses are separate from the caches right? If you find 20
"punches" -- you don't get to log each of those punches as a cache do you?

Correct - the punches can not be logged. We do have 40 plus event caches set
up. Some of them are pretty easy and other ones will make you walk 1/2 mile
are more one way.

If we can't make it on Saturday ("Celebrating" National Scrapbook Day you
know) -- if we show up Sunday -- would we still be able to get the
files/caches from MOGA? If so, how long will the extra caches be in the park
(other than the ones already established) that day?

You will get the LOC file with all of the punches and event caches listed.
The event caches will only be there for the weekend of April 8-10, 2005.

Registration for the final day only would be the same as all days, right? (I
would think so since the amount of work you all have done won't decrease
just because some can't make it all weekend...)

Yes- Registration for Sunday is the same as for the whole weekend.

Pure Nosiness --
Got any stats you'd like to share?
How many teams/registrations?
Who is coming the most distance?

We have catchers coming from MN, WI, AR, KS, IA and Northern IL. Etc.

Returnees?

We have several participants from last year coming back to defend there
title.

I read Glenn's email from last week encouraging SLAGA area cachers to come.

I wouldn't mind reading a few "Stories" from last year's participants --
might get some interest going -- especially since there have been postings
about so many new people on the list.

Check out the videos from setting up this year's event. They are really
good!

I'd love to read some good stories without having to run through all the
logs from last year. There HAVE to be stories .. heck Bluebeadman has
generated TONS of stories just by placing a few new caches this last week --
of course no one TALK about them.. but, it's been a year since the last
event and with ALL those caches ..there have to be some good stories. Surely
some of the secrets could be shared now.

Nancy
Subject field

Subject field

Subject field