[GeoStL] Re: MOGA Central has moved!

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:29:34 -0600

100 year old building!  In that case I'm glad we are relocating.Bob
 From: steve.bromley@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:09:21 -0600
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: MOGA Central has moved!
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,

They are trying to insure a 100 year old building in need of $250,000+ in
repairs to bring it up to standards.  Put 500+ people in it and what do you
have?  A situation that any insurance company would find a way to get out of as
quickly as possible.

--Steve

It's not only the destination but the path you take and the friends you make
along the way

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I suspect somone told the insurance company that we were planning on a big
event there and they said "your insurrance is canceled".  Why don't they go to
another carrier?  Who knows.  I'm sure there are plenty of insurance companies
out there willing to sell policies.  I get offers just about every day in the
mail.

Meanwhile we'll move it over and hope the High School doesn't get their
insurrance canceled also.
Bob
BBD1

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 21:12:26 -0800
From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [GeoStL] MOGA Central has moved!
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just in case anyone did not get the memo just put out...I got this email:
Location: Illinois, United States

MOGA made an announcement about MOGA 2013 (Mega-Event Cache) at 3/7/2013

Log Date: 3/7/2013
Attention Moga Attendees:

The
 MOGA CENTRAL location unfortunately needs to be moved to an alternate
location due to unforeseen circumstances. On Thursday, March 7, 2013,
the MOGA directors were informed by the City of Shelbyville that the
Chautauqua building would no longer be available for the event due to
the cancellation of the insurance policy covering the building. The
insurance cancellation was effectively immediately. MOGA CENTRAL will
now be located within the Shelbyville High School gymnasium, which is
located 8/10 of a mile to the west (4284 ft as the crow flies). The MOGA
 Directors would like to personally thank Tad Mayhall of Shelbyville
Works!, the City of Shelbyville and most importantly the Shelbyville
School District for working with the MOGA directors to ensure the event
has the resources available to meet the needs of the participants.
Groundspeak will be updating the coordinates on Friday, March 8th.
 The MOGA directors are also working with our local reviewer to update
other affected events. More announcements will be made as we continue to
 work through all of the logistics of moving the event and we thank you
for your patience and understanding.

Moga Directors

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GLACEGY1