[GeoStL] Re: MO Dept Cons. Regulations.

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 20:15:05 -0500

-
I took it off my bookmark list. thanks for pointing it out.

glenn

At 07:57 PM 5/2/2005, Glenn wrote:
-
I dont think i put it there.. it is a mistake.

gln

At 07:24 PM 5/2/2005, you wrote:

I just looked at the list of MO caches. Inoticed that my TO A SUNKEN CITY is listed in there, but that is in IL. The first one is a virtual point, the 2nd is an actual cache container, as permission was granted at the 2nd site, but the first site I had to go with a Virtual stop.

ow does my IL listing show up on MDC caches?

Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bookmarked list of caches on MDC land with permits.
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=b3abf319-412e-4773-adec-c621ae3a1dac

MISSOURI CONSERVATION DEPARTMENT LAND
MDC is public land but the Missouri Conservation Department, ( www.conservation.state.mo.us ), requires that we fill out a special use permit before placing caches on their land. From what I could tell, most of the land managers seem to be aware of Geocaching and are helpful, yet you can tell they are a little reserved about it. They like getting people to their areas, but geocaching does not really fit within their stated 'mission'.

Each land manager has to be contacted for per mits in their area and each manager has the power to allow or disallow the caches. They will require you to fill out a 'Special Use Permit' and grant permission on a case-by-case basis. They also require that you place a copy of the permit in the cache container. There is usually a permit number on the permits, if you place your permit number and MDC contact person on your cache page, it will make things all go much quicker.

The MDC website shows the regions broken down into counties so it should be easy to figure out with region oversees which county. I would simply call the regional office and ask them for the contact info for each land manager and then call them (sometimes a very hard thing to find them in their office!!).
This MDC page http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/areas/ has a map with some of this info on it.

There i s a land use page on www.MoGeo.com that lists the areas that we know requires permission.

I hope that you peruse the permits to get your cache active.

Glenn, your friendly  Geocaching.com admin.
Missouri Geocachers Assoc  http://www.MoGeo.com
*THE*   Forums for Mo & Ks. http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?

Dave's Handy Hiding Hints http://www.ratisher.com/geocache_hiding.htm
MOGA 2005 WINNERS ...  Check it out!  http://moga.geostl.com

At 06:30 PM 5/2/2005, Joe Taylor wrote:

I live near Cheser IL where there is a Miss Bridge Crossing. I have an Idea on a cache hide near perryville, but am wondering what the Regulatiosn are for MO Dept of Conservation, which this would be on Conservation land.
OK since I am not really into haveing too many 'Hides' I think it will be neat to have one at the Perry Lookout Tower (about 1 mile on 'J' Road off of MO-51) If anyone wants to hide it there I will not be upset, butif no one doesnt I would like to.
If I do, I am wondeirng if that would be a cacheable area as to Who would I contact and what are the regulations (It has those Yellow signs - Missouri Department of Conservation: Area Closed 9pm-6am (or what ever hours is posted).

I am also wondering, as one day I was driving towards Farmington from Fredericktown, and (I forgot exactly where, but I saw another Lookout tower on top of a high hill. I am wondering if that is open to the public and how do I get to it?

http://mail.yahoo.com

---------------- Glenn, Missouri Geocachers Assoc http://www.MoGeo.com *THE* Forums for Mo & Ks. http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?