[GeoStL] Lower Cliff Cave flood update

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Newsgroup, Geocaching" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:14:21 -0500

After the Busch Wildlife Expo, I got my bike and went down to Cliff Cave to
look around. The parks dept. had graded the entire trail and pushed the
dirt/mud off to the sides. With the recent rains, some low spots are holding
water due to the dirt on each side. I was able to get to and find some of our
caches, but i'm hesitant to activate them due to the mud, debris, and water
that is still there. The trail to the river is still inaccessable due to the
green algae-filled water that stands between the asphalt trail and the river.
The I'm Sooooo Confused cache was intact, but I couldn't get the log out due to
the mud inside. It will have to be brought back out for maintenance.  If Glenn
or the Reviewer of the cache need more info, just let us know.

L Frank and Denmother
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger2_072008