[GeoStL] Re: Love to Cache in Love Park

  • From: "Laura Million" <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:55:39 -0500

Thanks for the info about the carpenter bees. I have one (more?) building a
nest in the hand rail of my back stairs. I thought I was going crazy when I
saw sawdust chips and a perfectly drilled hole. I know I  didn't do it
unless I was doing home repairs while sleepwalking J. I was staining the
back steps when one flew out of the hole. Yikes they are big.

Laura Million

2_cats

From: Jim Greene <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Love to Cache in Love Park
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009, 8:16 PM

I love to cache, everybody know that, but bee very careful if you do "Love
to Cache" in Love Park. While Sarah, Blue & I were looking for the cache, I
got into some ground bees near the cache and got stung about 30 times. I
guess I'm not allergic to them, I'm doing ok. I think they were about 10'
inside the tree line, but I'm not going back to take measurements. And we
never did find the cache either. I hope the bees weren't the bugs that JC
Geo dropped into the cache yesterday.

Jim