[GeoStL] Re: Lost in Translation?

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:27:39 -0800 (PST)

-
Also given that the cache page the link went to is in the Netherlands I would
have ventured to guess Dutch.  The translation that Amanda aprovided was about
what I got with an online translator, but Judy's friend would probably be able
to provide the most understandable translation since she's from there (assuming
she was there at such an age to understand the language).
Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
It is pretty common for people to confuse Dutch with Deutch and vis ca
versa. Dutch is spoken in Holland and Deutsch is spoken in Deutschland
(Germany). Low German has nothing to do with Dutch. Bernie.
PS. it does look like Dutch to me.
M.Gasch wrote: - Pretty sure this is Dutch. Sounds like the low German
(Dutch) my grandma used to speak. It starts out something like "It was a
terrible day to go GeoCaching," when I stick it in a Sherlock translator
(Dutch to English). After that the grammar gets rough, but they started out
late because they wanted to stay in their irresistible bed. Hope this helps!
Mary (GeoGache) On Mar 20, 2005, at 5:51 PM, Mike Griffin wrote: Het was een
geweldige dag om te gaan GeoCachen, en ook dit keer deden we dat weer
gezellie met de 'Dusty's'. De stemming zat er bijzonder goed in en eigenlijk
zijn we met z'n allen weer veel te laat begonnen. Maar goed, soms is een
lekker bed onweerstaanbaar. Vandaag op stap gebruikmakend van de nieuwe
functie 'Bookmarks' van .COM maar eens een mooie route in elkaar gezet. We
gingen op weg. **************************************** Our WebPage!
Http://WWW.GeoStL.com[1] Mail List Info.
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[2] Mail List FAQ's:
//www.freelists.org/help/questions.html[3]
Subject field

--- Links ---