[GeoStL] Re: Lost Cabin Cache (GC1060) at Pere Marquette SP in Illinois...

  • From: "James Everman" <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:17:02 -0500

-
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:06:55 -0500
 "Jeff the Blue Bead Man" <bluebeadman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> hit 500 real soon.  I would love to celebrate with others
> if anybody is willing and wanting.  I have wanted to do
> Myotis' Lost Cabin Cache (GC1060) for quite some time
 >> . . .
> sets of coords are basically in the same area.  My
> coordinates put you right next to an outhouse facility
> which may be closed, but there is a parking lot there.
>  Myotis coordinates take you to the driveway of a closed
> area right across the street from the parking lot.

 If I had not already done it, I'd go and make it #700.
Unfortunetly, I already did it for #500. :-)

 You should park at the outhouse. Don't consider the 'other
side' of either gate, even if you get the chance. His
suggested route is great, and the hard part mentioned at
first shouldn't be that hard. There are at least a couple
interesting things to see along the way. Otherwise, just
follow the excellent directions.

 DO take a map, and after you find the cache, you may want
to take the fire road out. Especially if it is getting
late. Actually, with the moon as it is, that might make a
nice night hike out. There are some really nice vistas. It
goes right back to the parking lot.

 Enjoy!

> -Jeff, the Blue Bead Man

Subject field