[GeoStL] Re: Locationless

  • From: Greg Ponder <thehairyhillbilly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:52:52 -0800 (PST)

I personally find that locationless caches can (emphasis on can) be better than
many regular caches. I particularly enjoyed the locationless caches pertaining
to mills and one room schoolhouses, 'cause those are simply interesting to me.
A locationless cache pertains to old stone walls. I have a picture of my cousin
on a great, old stone wall in the middle of the woods in the middle of nowhere
in Arkansas. I just find that kind of caching mission fun.

Quality will always be an issue for all cache types--locationless, virtual, and
regular. The kids and I went caching this past Sunday. We found eight. Four of
the eight were in cemeteries! No civil war generals buried there, no famous
scientists' graves...just plain, old cemeteries. But we still had a great time.
The kids enjoyed their toy exchange, and we picnicked near a spring...in
January!

My whole point is this: The quality of any cache is dependent upon the cache
placer, not the cache type.

I'd like to see the geocaching world stay large and accomodating enough to
allow you to pick and choose what caches you want to pursue. Leaving the game
open to different styles will allow geocaching to appeal to a wider audience.
Blah. Blah. Blah

My opinion only.

Greg Ponder...The Hairy Hillbilly...who admits finding locationless
caches...and admits finding them fun...

Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
I think it is called "the yellow jeep"
the story behind that cache is an absolute riot....

At 06:07 PM 1/12/2004, Greg & Bobbi Crouch wrote:

>-
>The problem with them at
> > gc.com was that they were getting very silly. Things
> > like logging a "yellow jeep".
>

>Which one was that? My neighbor's son has a yellow Jeep.
>HereFishyFishy ( Greg )

Subject field