[GeoStL] Re: LightSquared Transmission interfers with GPS Signals

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:54:59 -0700 (PDT)

There's more recent news about this.  LightSquared has conceded that their
original proposal will cause problems.  They are looking at moving to a more
distant part of the spectrum, as well as cutting the power by about 50%.  Don't
know that this will solve all the problems, but it's a step in the right
direction.  Also, I don't think the FCC approval was final.  LightSquared is
supposed to be working with GPS manufacturers to come up with an acceptable
solution.

Tom