[STL Geocaching] Last Chance for Navitrak Early Adopter Program

  • From: Richard Sheffold <dsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:58:45 -0600

Here's another chance to get in on the latest, (if money's no problem).

Rich

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 1:37 PM
Subject: Last Chance for Navitrak Early Adopter Program

To all TopoTimes subscribers

Thank you for your strong interest in Navitrak's Digital Navigation
Assistant (DNA) and our "Early Adopter Program".  Many of you who have
called or emailed have had similar questions including:

Question: What is the price?

Answer:  The price is US$625, which is half off the Manufacturers
Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of US$1,250.  This may seem high to many
consumers, however it should be noted that this is not a consumer
product, but a commercial-grade device.  It is capable of customized
data entry, with a high definition sunlight readable color display,
removable memory and electronic compass, all in a highly ruggedized
package.  The device comes with unlimited USGS data (available online by
June 2002), desktop trip planning software, all cables, 32Mb memory card
and reader, belt clip and a bright yellow Pelican case.  If you can find
a bundle like this for a lower price, we would suggest that you buy it!

Question: I can't open your product information links. Can you send the
documentation to me?

Answer:  Unfortunately the links were to PDF files, which proved to be
difficult for many people.  Consequently, customers can now go to our
website at http://www.navitrak.com/handheld.html and view the product and
its
specification.  The PDFs are available for download from there for those
interested.

Once again, thank you all for your emails and great feedback on the
product!  For anyone still interested, there are a handful of units left
under this program and they will be available until they run out.  First
come, first served.   Please contact us by e-mail at DNAsales@xxxxxxxxxxxx
or by telephone at
902-429-1438, ext. 115.  Please mention Topozone.com's key number D105.

Please continue to check our website for new DNA product features over
the next few months!

The Navitrak Team

Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"