[GeoStL] Re: Labraque caches...

  • From: "Barramus" <barramus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:54:07 -0600

-
Jeff, thanks for your kind words on our new caches.

Although I've known about this area for a long time we
just recently decided to put a cache in there.  I was
always afraid to bring too many people back there.

This is a fragile environment and we don't want it damaged.
For the most part I'm sure folks feel the same way.

We just ask that cachers tread lightly in the area.
If that means taking a slightly longer route to avoid damaging
some moss or lichen, please do so.  In the heated rush to get
to the cache I was surprised at the route chosen by some
fellow cachers this weekend.

If one were to scratch the lichen off of a rock outcropping,  it
will take many years for it to grow back.
PLEASE, TREAD LIGHTLY !
Some folks just don't know how easily the sandstone can be damaged.

So please take it easy back there and everyone have a good time.

The worker Jeff passed by is a private land owner that borders the
preserve.  When going to the preserve you are walking on his land
of which there is a narrow hiking easement.

Barry