[GeoStL] Keeping in touch with "The Man"

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:17:45 -0800 (PST)

-
I am just curious how others who have hidden caches
deal with the particular agency where their cache is
hidden.

After receiving the initial permission and placing the
cache I try to keep a schedule of regular maintanance.
If it is in a highly traveled area with lots of
cachers I need not check on it often as the finders do
that for me. But if it is in a remote area I try to
get back there at least once a month. When I do my
cache maintainance I always make note of trail
conditions, trash and litter, vandalism, and any other
general observations and send an email to those in
charge at that agency letting them know what is going
on. I have followed this policy with the Forest
Service and they always send an email thanking me for
helping keep the land they watch safe and clean.

Does anyone else do this? Should it be part of a the
cache placers duties?

Dan (Thunder)

Subject field